Turnitin Moodle Direct - issues with missing assignments

Turnitin Moodle Direct - issues with missing assignments

by Daniel Parker -
Number of replies: 1

I installed Turnitin's Moodle Direct plugin in June, but only this semester have I had instructors really start to use it. I currently have Moodle 2.4.5 installed on the server. Things have mostly gone okay, but the two instructors who use it the most have had issues with some of their students' assignments missing. They appear in the submission inbox as assignments that haven't been submitted to Turnitin. When instructors try to click on the assignment, there is no download, and when instructors click the "Submit to Turnitin" link, the Moodle Direct plugin fails to send it to Turnitin.

After a little troubleshooting, I have found that although the file appears to exist in the submission inbox (and in the "turnitintool_submissions" table in the database), the file doesn't actually exist on the server.

Has anyone else had this problem or might know what would cause it? I've had lots of contact with Turnitin support; however, the cause of the problem hasn't been resolved.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Parker

Re: Turnitin Moodle Direct - issues with missing assignments

by Paula Clough -

Daniel,

We sometimes have a similar problem when students don't wait for the submission to complete but use the back or the bread crumbs to go back to class and work.  They need to make sure they wait for the message that the submission has been successful.  They will also get an email if they have successfully uploaded their assignment. 

We have also found that if we are restoring or have reset a course with Turnitin assignments we have to reset the assignment or they will see the past semesters students and submissions as well.

Paula cool

Average of ratings: Useful (1)