Can a Certificate be generated based on scores of certain parts of the quiz?

Re: Can a Certificate be generated based on scores of certain parts of the quiz?

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Doug

Thanks for the reply. Your proposed solution is what I am currently using. Here's the structure I am following for my placement test:

0% - 9%     student gets a GE Certificate
   10% - 19% student gets a KE Certificate
   20% - 29% student gets a PE Certificate
   30% - 39% student gets a Pre-FC Certificate
   40% - 49% student gets a FC Certificate
   50% - 59% student gets a Pre-CA Certificate
   60% - 69% student gets a CA Certificate
   >70%         student gets a CP Certificate

What I am doing, which is the same as what you suggested (hey, great minds think alike!), was to create eight certificate activities. Each activity is conditional upon the score of the student in the placement test. So if the student scored 8% on the placement test, the first certificate activity becomes visible. And so on. 

This is all fine and well during my current testing phase, EXCEPT that the actual requirement from my academic department is to follow the below structure, if possible. There are Nine parts to the quiz. Each part consists of a Cloze question with multiple input boxes.

0% - 9%     student gets a GE Certificate
   10% - 19% student gets a KE Certificate (minimum of 5 points in Part1)
   20% - 29% student gets a PE Certificate (minimum of 12 points in Parts1 & 2 combined)
   30% - 39% student gets a Pre-FC Certificate
   40% - 49% student gets a FC Certificate  (minimum of 7 points in Parts3 & 4 combined)
   50% - 59% student gets a Pre-CA Certificate
   60% - 69% student gets a CA Certificate  (minimum of 15 points in Parts 5 & 6 combined)
   >70%         student gets a CP Certificate  (minimum of 15 points in Parts 7 & 8 combined)

See those "minimum of N points in Part(s)..."? Yikes!!!
The programmer in me knows it can be done as Moodle's PHP can be hacked with some (many?) tears shed.
It's just that I don't think that Moodle-vanilla-out-of-the-box can handle this stringent and detailed requirement.

regards
Frankie Kam