Custom Front Page

Custom Front Page

by Tyler Musser -
Number of replies: 1

Is it possible to setup a separate front page for different roles in the system? For instance I was looking to have the frontpage setup different for the admin account so it shows the Administration Block along with logged in users and such. For the students I want to show the enrolled courses and not the administration block. I see where I can set the default settings for the front page but nothing about setting it up for a different user or system role.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tyler Musser

Re: Custom Front Page

by Christian Herman -

Rather than changing the front page you'll change the elements you want to be different between the roles.  Keep in mind, however, that admin will always see everything.

Change block visibility by turning on editing, editing the block, then click Permissions in the block's menu in the Admin block.  Remove the Authenticated User from the capability for it to affect the front page, and any other roles you remove will also not be able to see the Admin block in courses.

Remember that the admin block contains several useful self-management links for students, perhaps most important of which (IMHO) is Change Password.