Maintenance cron; student email security

Maintenance cron; student email security

by Sandy Stockholm -
Number of replies: 1

We are close to the launch of our Moodle learning site. This is a small site to offer short, webinars to individuals on an ongoing basis. We are using Moodle 2.0.

One error I have noticed is cron.php maintenance script is not set-up. We are using shared hosting, with a provider that offered one-click Moodle installation. There is a default cron operational at this time. I cannot locate this error message again. There are no messages in notifications. Where would I find it?

Also we would like to optimize student security. We do not need to contact students through Moodle with emails. Our registration process will be done outside Moodle and we will manually enroll students. Would there be any problem with entering one email address for all students when creating their profiles? We, of course, would have their actual email addresses in our off-Moodle site files. We are not using Moodle at this time for forums, feedback, comments, etc. Just a venue for students to watch the course and take a quiz.

Also any advice on doing backups? I have scanned info at this site and in books. Easiest way would be to copy from web host control panel and onto external drive? Courses themselves will be saved in their original format (captivate). Concerned about student progress, etc.

Thank you. Sandy Stockholm

Average of ratings: -