Files not visible to students

Files not visible to students

by Rodney Humble -
Number of replies: 4

I have uploaded PDF files to my course and they are visible to me but not to students.  I have checked the file settings and it is visible but when logged in as a student they are not seen.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rodney Humble

Re: Files not visible to students

by Mike Verna -

Two things to check. 

First make sure the course is available to students.  To do this click on "Course Administration", "Edit Settings", "Availability".

Second, double check to see if the students are in fact "Students" in the class by looking at "Course Administration", "Enrolled Users", "Users".  Make sure there they not just enrolled, but have rights as a student.

In reply to Mike Verna

by Phil Carlson -

I'm having the same issue. I have students enrolled. I have a series of SCORM files that the students can see and access, but they can't see the PDF files.

I have renamed "Students" into "Mentees" and all the users have that access.

Other suggestions?

In reply to Phil Carlson

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Renaming them shouldn't make a difference. Can you check (1) that the pdfs are definitely not hidden ( (with the eye icon crossed out) and that (2) they are not in an "orphaned activities" section by error and (3) as mentioned before, check Course administration>Users>Enrolled users to see what role exactly the students/mentees have in the course.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Phil Carlson -

1. The eye icon isn't crossed out. When I go into Update it's says visible.

2. Orphaned Activities - I'm not sure how to tell, but the file is listed with the rest of my activities when I'm logged in as an administrator.

3. Under Course Administration>Users>Enrolled users all of the students have the roll "Mentee". That's what I renamed them to from Student.