Quiz

Reviewing results of a quiz with random questions

Picture of Craig Bowman
Reviewing results of a quiz with random questions

Hi all,

I have recently given my students a quiz where about half of the questions were randomly drawn from a question pool. Now that the quiz is over I would like to review which questions students did well on and provide individualized feedback on their performance on various aspects of the quiz - some questions were on British history, some on Roman history, etc. However, the scores for each question are all shuffled up when I download them. Is it possible to get a version of the results where the questions are listed in the same order for everyone, so I can go through and see how everyone did on a particular question?

Thanks for the help.

Average of ratings: -
Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Re: Reviewing results of a quiz with random questions
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Two options here:

1. Use the responses report, and turn on the option to show question text as well as responses.

2. Use the statistics. That shows you the average score for each question, and giving the breakdown when several different questions were selected by one random question. In the statistics, the thing called "Facility index" is bascially average score for that question.

Picture of Craig Bowman
Re: Reviewing results of a quiz with random questions

Thanks, this was pretty much what I was looking for. In a perfect world I would want to be able to calculate sub-scores for each student - so if I have ten Roman history questions, ideally I'd like to be able to pick them out from the 20 questions in the test for each person so that I can make an Excel formula to calculate each student's Roman history score. The data's all there in the responses report though, I guess it will just take some computation to make it do what I want it to.