Lesson Development?

Re: Lesson Development?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply, now I understand better your goal. I am not saying that what you want to do is impossible to implement, but certainly ambitious and difficult. I'll be happy to follow your progress and test it if you can give me an access to an online test site.

Tudo de Bom,

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mark Andrews -

Hi all,

I'm sure I heard at the recent UK moot that moodle HQ we're going to look at the lesson module again with a view to re-factoring and updating it - giving it some love.

On that note, i've just come across Versal, which seems to have a nice editing interface and set of 'wigets' something along these lines might be worth a look either as an alternative or for getting ideas from.

https://versal.com/getting-started

Mark

In reply to Mark Andrews

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Mark "I'm sure I heard at the recent UK moot that moodle HQ we're going to look at the lesson module again with a view to re-factoring and updating it - giving it some love."

If that is true, then it's very good news. The Moodle Lesson module has suffered too long from "abandon" from Moodle HQ developers.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Michael Hughes -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, as an attendee and a contributor to the discussion at the UK Moot14 Hackfest there was a *very* interesting discussion about the Lesson module, its focus and purpose, as well as lots of ideas about how it could work better.

There results of said conversation are at http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Hackfest_UK_2014#Lesson_activity_module_reboot 

I'm certainly interested in working on this but at the moment it's currently more of a discussion about what needs to be done to it, than having a concrete plan (yet).

In reply to Michael Hughes

by Marije Stegeman -

Hello, interesting discussion. We are using the Lesson module very much. It's the main part of all our courses! Each lesson consists of content pages and lots of question pages. To each question page is attached a pdf-file with theory to be learned. In the 'lesson activity refactoring notes'  I read that you are planning a survey to see what current users want. I'd like to be involved and be able to share our wishes and reflect on ideas about changes in the lesson module. How can I make sure that we will be part of the discussion? Marije Stegeman

In reply to Marije Stegeman

by Erick French -

Fantastic!  I would love to be involved in helping improve the lesson module.  I use lessons for large numbers of straight pages.  Sometimes a lesson will have 40 pages.   I have thousands of pages of material in 20 courses.

I would like to see better page completion navigation, word import, full lesson printing, and end of lesson jumps to exams and or the next lesson.  I would love to see the lesson completion page be completely redesigned or have the option to skip to the next lesson without seeing the completion page. 

Thank you,

Erick French

In reply to Michael Hughes

by Carlos Adriano Cardoso -

Lesson is for sure one of most interesting tool on the Moodle! I have been using it a lot ! Is so interesting all statistics and resource available on it and how we  can follow the learning process with it. The jump systems could be expanded. Wish I could contribute to the improvement of Lesson. I am sure that Lesson is a tool that can add adaptability of the content offer to different learners's need. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)