Roles and permissions

I would like to quickly compare permissions for different roles

Picture of CTI Moodle
I would like to quickly compare permissions for different roles

Hello there. I am co-ordinating the implementation of Moodle across 12 campuses at a Higher Education institution. At the moment I am looking at allocating permissions from the expansive list of permissions for various roles. Is there a printable list of permissions these roles or at least a text format that I can copy and paste into a word or excel doc? I would like to document the changes I make and keep a record of them somehow.. 

Average of ratings: -
Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Re: I would like to quickly compare permissions for different roles
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

In standard Moodle, look at Admin -> Users -> Permisisons -> Capability overview.

Also, you might like this add-on https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=tool_editrolesbycap

Picture of CTI Moodle

What I am really looking for is something like this:

Permission

Manager

Lecturer

Principal

Academic coordinator

Add a new course

Allow

Allow

Deny

Deny

Add a new calendar event

Allow

Deny

Deny

Deny

Add a new network servers block

Allow

Allow

Deny

Allow

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

Did you try Admin -> Users -> Permisisons -> Capability overview?

Actually, I think the ability to select multiple capabilities at once was only added in Moodle 2.6.

If you want at table exactly like the one you show, and are using an earlier version of Moodle, then you will have to extract the data from the database yourself, but it is all in the role_capabilities table (which you will need to join to the roles table, to get the role names.)

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of CTI Moodle

Thank for the reply. I will extract the info from the database myself. We are running 2.5 for at least a year which means I won't be able use that particular function. Glad they thought of it though!

Picture of James Harvey

Would you be able to provide a query?  I am not to good at joining and any help would be appreciated as I too have a strong need to be able to quickly compare the different roles and their permissions.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated!