Quiz in read only mode.

Quiz in read only mode.

by Sandeep Nair -
Number of replies: 4

Hi All,

How can we display quiz in read only mode for a student user? I have tried the permissions but it is not working.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandeep Nair

Re: Quiz in read only mode.

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Sandeep

What you want student to access while keeping a quiz in read only mode. If you prevent the quiz attempt for students then student can view quiz information only, he will not able to access any quiz. Explain your requirement in more detail.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Sandeep Nair -

Hi Sakshi,

Here is the requirement:
When a user completes a course with passing grades, he is awarded graduate role(removed from student role). This graduate role has limited access ie. read-only rights for most of the activities/modules. Currently we are able to restrict most of the activities (except quiz) according to the requirement. We need the graduate to be able view the quiz (questions/answers) without participating just like the preview mode . The graduate may view/refer these in the future .

Is this possible, or is there any alternative?

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep

In reply to Sandeep Nair

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you looked at the list of quiz capabilities? Given that it students normally have these capabilities

• mod/quiz:view
  • mod/quiz:attempt
  • mod/quiz:reviewmyattempt

guess which capabitlies you should allow your graduate role.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Sandeep Nair -

Hi Tim,

I reviewed the capabilities of the graduate role and found that role mod/quiz:reviewmyattempt was set to prohibit. I don't know how I missed this setting . Anyway, after setting the mod/quiz:reviewmyattempt to allow it worked. 

Thanks a lot smile

Sandeep

PS: I have a similar issue in lesson which I did not want to ask here, so I have added a new discussion- https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=244165 . I have searched for settings similar to quiz, but unfortunately no luck.