Recieved Money but PayPal didn't enroll student or log transaction

Re: Recieved Money but PayPal didn't enroll student or log transaction

by Gerald Grow -
Number of replies: 3

I don't know whether this will solve your particular issue, but I solved a similar problem with Paypal when I discovered that, inside my Paypal account (the one Moodle is paying to), I needed to enter a specific web address for the Moodle file that processes Paypal's IPN (Instant Payment Notification).

It may be difficult to find the place in your Paypal account where you enter the IPN address. Here's the path in a recent Paypal (they sometimes change the navigation):

Under your Paypal account (the symbol of a person on your first page), choose Profile and Settings.

Then choose My Selling Tools, and look there for Instant Payment Notification. When you click this, you'll see a place to enter an http address for the Moodle file that handles Paypal IPNs.

Presently, that address looks something like the following (substitute your server and moodle name):

https://yourserver.com/moodle/enrol/paypal/ipn.php

If we fail to re-set this IPN address inside Paypal every time we create a new Moodle, students start having problems getting enrolled through Paypal.

Make sure the Paypal IPN address points to the ipn.php file in an active copy of Moodle.

I hope this helps.

In reply to Gerald Grow

by Doyle Lewis -

You shouldn't have to enter the IPN address in PayPal anywhere, the form submitted to PayPal contains it:

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="<?php echo "$CFG->wwwroot/enrol/paypal/ipn.php"?>" />

This is really the proper way to do it, so more than one script can be posting to your PayPal account and getting the correct IPN notifications.

In reply to Doyle Lewis

by Moses Yusuff -

Good day,

I have the similar problem. Has anyone  found the solution? And where do i get the form submitted to paypal  so i too can check if it is using the right path to the file?

In reply to Moses Yusuff

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I had a similar issue and it was the paypal ipn setting within my paypal account (not in Moodle)