Generate a Report of Responses in a Lesson

Generate a Report of Responses in a Lesson

by Lynette McDougal -
Number of replies: 3

I am creating a Lesson in Moodle Sandbox (Moodle version 2.4.4). The site is for research purposes and the lesson will not be graded. Therefore, I have the lesson set as practice. I would like to generate a report showing the responses to questions embedded withing the lesson. The questions are of the multiple choice and essay type. I'm not so concerned with the owner of the responses, but for research purposes I need to collect the responses. When I select the 'Reports' window from the lesson or the Joule Reports, I get no data to display. I have run through the lesson both as myself in the student role, as a test student I enrolled and we have had guests view the lesson. So how can I generate a report showing the responses collected.

Thank you for your assistance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lynette McDougal

Re: Generate a Report of Responses in a Lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Lynette "I have the lesson set as practice. [...] When I select the 'Reports' window from the lesson or the Joule Reports*, I get no data to display."

This is normal. A Practice lesson does not generate data/grades.wink

Joseph

*No idea what those are, not part of standard Moodle, I think.

by David Ha -

As of now, this feature is not available.  All responses are not tracked by Moodle at all.  Only the last response from the students.  There is a need to keep track of all *responses* so that instructors can tailor their lesson as well as see which students are really studying (e.g  students who just skip reading and click through all possible choices).

I would vote this feature for the next release of Moodle.

by Lynette McDougal -

So I changed my lesson from 'yes' to Practice to 'no' and I can see my responses to questions contained in the lesson. The lessons include essay type reflection questions, as well as multiple choice questions. Is it possible to download the student's responses into a spreadsheet? Right now I have to click on each completed attempt to see the responses to the questions.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.