Deadline view and appointments

Deadline view and appointments

by Ben Pirt -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,
When adding a new assignment and giving it a deadline some time in the future, is it possible to have it show up in the weekly view? It seems like this would make sense, at least for the weekly view. If it is not currently possible to do this, I will be modifying the weeks.php file to add it in. Is this something that might go into the main distribution, or should I keep it to myself? I haven't contributed anything before, but am keen to do so.

Also, I was wondering how people deal with adding things like lectures into the weekly view? There doesn't seem to be a suitable 'Appointment' type to add, and I was thinking of creating one of these too unless anyone has any better ideas? Preferably something with a duration.

All the best,
Ben Pirt
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Pirt

Re: Deadline view and appointments

by Gustav W Delius -
I like your idea of having "Appointments" that have a start time and a duration. These appointments should then also show up in the calendar that I believe Martin is planning to have on the student's MyMoodle page. Furthermore this module should be combined with the Attendance module that someone is planning in thread http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2431
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: Deadline view and appointments

by Ben Pirt -
Almost finished it smile

It's tricky, because if you assign a time and date to an appointment it needs to override which week you may have clicked 'add appointment' in. That bit wasn't too tricky to overcome, it's the editing of the appointment which is taking the time, but i'm nearly there with it. Just a couple of things to figure out.

How would I go about combining it with the Attendance module?

Does anyone else have any ideas about features for this appointment module?