Securely setting up Moodle 1.9 for Membership requests

Securely setting up Moodle 1.9 for Membership requests

by Kevin Duggan -
Number of replies: 7

At my site I am going to try doing donation based courses. Presently I have a log in  and a Paypal donation button but want to have a captcha along with some way for the user to request membership. I am a new Moodle user, I have used Drupal before and guessing what I am making really difficult here might be easy to do. I cant find any plugins that have this type of a capability.

Thanks

Kevin 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kevin Duggan

Re: Securely setting up Moodle 1.9 for Membership requests

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If it helps, you can enable Captcha when  you set up email based self authentication (which I presume you will be doing for your Paypal)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kevin Duggan -

Thanks for the response, What I need is something like the attached pic, Create a new account.

Attachment Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 10.38.05 AM.png
In reply to Kevin Duggan

by Kevin Duggan -

So its just the addition of create a new account

In reply to Kevin Duggan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Are you saying you want to know how to allow users to create their own account on your Moodle site (which will also give the option of a Captcha?)  Please see http://docs.moodle.org/19/en/Authentication for how to enable email based self-registration.

However, please do check with Dreamhost to see if they will allow you to upgrade to Moodle 2. Your 1.9 is very old and no longer supported - and it would look better if you had 2 since you are hoping for donations via Paypal.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Kevin Duggan -

I have PayPal set up that was no problem, I want users to request membership,  So,... the user hits a link and inputs some info which is emailed to me, then I email them their Login and Password details

Attachment CREATE.png
In reply to Kevin Duggan

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Why Moodle 1.9?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Kevin Duggan -

Dreamhost hosting, I used their setup, been using Dreamhost for ages so not going to switch