Assignment Upload Areas for BTEC Coursework

Assignment Upload Areas for BTEC Coursework

by Robert Higginson -
Number of replies: 2

I am attempting to create an upload area in Moodle2.5 that will allow a student to upload a file (coursework) and not be able to delete it. When graded they will be able to upload a new file with the corrections but not delete their first attempt and so on.  It was possible in 1.9 to stop students from deleting uploaded work - how is it possible to achieve this in 2.5?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Higginson

Re: Assignment Upload Areas for BTEC Coursework

by Sakshi Goel -

Hi Robert

In Moodle2.5 a student can't delete his assignment file once it is submitted. You need to enable this setting Require students click submit button.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

Re: Assignment Upload Areas for BTEC Coursework

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Or, you could use the 'resubmission' feature (from 2.5 onwards) that was designed for exactly this situation (I used to teach BTEC assignments myself):

http://www.synergy-learning.com/moodle-2-5-improvements-assignment-resubmissions/

With this enabled (whether or not the 'click to submit' feature is on), once a teacher has graded an assignment and opened a new submission, students cannot edit their old submission, but they can view it and the feedback via the submission history list.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)