An error occurred - course not moved!

by Geoff Knott -
Number of replies: 3

I have successfully moved 6 courses created by me in one category to another category. However, one course will not move - An error occurred - course not moved!

I have seen the suggestion to upgrade Moodle - I now have Moodle 1.4.5 + (2004083150)

After some initial problems with folder permissions which I had to correct on the server, backup and restore routines seems to work OK.

I have repeated the backup and restore on the offending course and I still get the message

Any suggestions? Many thanks if you can help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Geoff Knott

Re: An error occurred - course not moved!

by Patrick Craig -
Geoff,

I am using Moodle 1.45+ and getting this error only with restored courses. I find that if I access the course and go into that particular course's settings I can change the Category successfully.

Patrick
In reply to Patrick Craig

by Amy Groshek -
I'm having the same problem:

We are on  Moodle 1.5.2 build 2005060220
MySQL 4.0.23
Apache 2.0.52

This is a good temporary solution, Patrick. Thanks for the beta. I'd really like it if there was a global fix for this, however, since course admin is something that has to happen really fast between semesters, and it takes a lot of time to go into each individual course and change the settings.

Also, I'm having the problem with courses that are originals, not restored from backup. I can't actually see any pattern with the error.

Anyway, hopes this helps anyone.
Amy
In reply to Amy Groshek

by Marty Jacobs -
We're also experiencing this problem with all our courses, not just restored ones. Fortunately, the workaround Patrick has suggested does work for us too.

Marty