Checklist - as a block in front page

Checklist - as a block in front page

by Ilona El -
Number of replies: 3

hello everyone!

I've got a checklist in my course and I would like to use it (the same) in my front page or in a block of my front page (better). Is this possible?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ilona El

Re: Checklist - as a block in front page

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Assuming you mean my checklist plugin, you should be able to add a checklist to the front page, but it will only appear as a link that you then need to click on to display the items within the checklist (like it does in a normal course).

Theoretically you could create a block form of the checklist (different to the checklist block that only displays the progress bar for a checklist, rather than the items from the checklist), but that would require some coding.

In reply to Davo Smith

Απάντηση: Re: Checklist - as a block in front page

by Ilona El -

yes, I mean the checklist plugin. So I can only insert it as a link. That is not a problem for me now.

In fact, I created a block and I used the checklist. But the problem is that I cannot have headings (as I did with the topics within a course) and I have a long sum of checkboxes.

So I was wondering if I could insert headings in a different way, since the checklist is not included in a course OR move (copy) an existing checklist (from a course with topics) to my front page (or to a block). 

In reply to Ilona El

Re: Απάντηση: Re: Checklist - as a block in front page

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The checklist module fully supports headings - on the edit page, click on the 'tick' mark on the left to convert an item into an 'optional' item, then click again to convert it into a heading.

(Optional items are ones that contribute to the 'all items' progress bar, but no the 'required items' progress bar; they also don't contribute to the gradebook score, or helping the student to 'complete' the checklist).