1.9: When I run cron and if there is any post in NEWS FORUM then moodle is sending email notification to all users

1.9: When I run cron and if there is any post in NEWS FORUM then moodle is sending email notification to all users

by yuki yuki -
Number of replies: 2
Moodle 1.9
When I run cron and if there is any post in NEWS FORUM then moodle is sending email notification to all users. How to stop that? What I want only teacher of that specifc course will get email notification not all users. Isnt it odd/problematic that all users are getting email notification?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to yuki yuki

Re: 1.9: When I run cron and if there is any post in NEWS FORUM then moodle is sending email notification to all users

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I would say it is neither odd nor problematic Yuki - It is the intended function of a news forum to provide the news to all users of that course.

If you want only the teacher to get the notification, go in to the settings for the forum and change the subscription so that users are not forced to subscribe and only subscribe the teacher to the news forum. You could also hide it which would mean that only people with editing rights would be able to see it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: 1.9: When I run cron and if there is any post in NEWS FORUM then moodle is sending email notification to all users

by yuki yuki -
>>>If you want only the teacher to get the notification, go in to the settings for the >>>forum and change the subscription
Subscription to which one?
1) No
2) Yes Forever (default)
3) Yes Inititally
4) Subscription not allowed
Which one above I need to select???so that users will not get email bu they can see the postings???
-------------------
>>>only people with editing rights would be able to see it.

I understand that using the EYE icon i can hide the forum. But can you please explain how to give the editing rights???