History and Evolution of Moodle

History and Evolution of Moodle

by Filippo Carnevali -
Number of replies: 3

Hi to everyone,

I'm writing my the thesis for my university and i've decided to write it about Moodle.

I'll analyse some study cases from Moodle Italian Partner but first I'd like to speak the evolution of the platform. The history of his development from 1999. When and why some features arrived, how the community helped and has been organized (and reasons behind the choices). The difficulties of the project and the direction of Moodle.

That said. Is there anywhere I can find that kind of information (any video/radio interview) or may I skype-interview of email-interview someone that has been following the Moodle Project for a long time?

Thanks

Average of ratings: Cool (1)
In reply to Filippo Carnevali

Re: History and Evolution of Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Well you can start here: http://docs.moodle.org/en/History 

Good lucksmile It's something I have long wanted to document myself  but I didn't really have the time and I wasn't sure of its actual purpose, other than as a historical narrative (which I suppose is  useful in itself of course.)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by dawn alderson -

Hi Mary,

only now getting around to this,been hectic with stuff here.  If you want to bounce some ideas my way....please drop me a line (email or message) be more than happy to read ideas/share some thoughts.

hope helpful

Dawn

In reply to Filippo Carnevali

by Eric Banabakos -

It's gonna be really interesting thesis. Are you going to share it somewhere later?