overruling grades

overruling grades

by Hiram Bollaert -
Number of replies: 4

When overruling grades, the adjusted grade doesn't appear in the gradebook.

The adjusted grade is visible in the workshop as a red number.

resetting the workshop to grading phase and start recalculation results in an error (Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error).

Anyone having the same problem?

Cheers

Hiram

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hiram Bollaert

Re: overruling grades

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Hiram

two things. Firstly, grades are pushed to the gradebook only when the Workshop is being closed (i.e. you switch the phase to the last one). Until then, they are overridden within the Workshop instance only. That's intentional feature.

Second, the error you are experiencing is unexpected. You will need to ask your Moodle administrator to turn full debugging on and let Moodle display error messages. You should then see additional information about the error which might help us to diagnose the problem.

hth
In reply to David Mudrák

by Hiram Bollaert -

Ok David

I'll try to debug asap and present the results here

Cheers
Hiram

In reply to Hiram Bollaert

by Hiram Bollaert -

Voila David

Case: I've overruled grades for submission and assessment, Tey show as red grades and do not appear in the grade book. When applying the re-calculate button I get the following:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error

More information about this error

Debug info: Argument 2 passed to workshop_best_evaluation::assessments_distance() must be an instance of stdClass, null given, called in /var/www/html/greenoven/mod/workshop/eval/best/lib.php on line 175 and defined
Error code: codingerror
Stack trace:
  • line 397 of /lib/setuplib.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 378 of /mod/workshop/eval/best/lib.php: call to default_error_handler()
  • line 175 of /mod/workshop/eval/best/lib.php: call to workshop_best_evaluation->assessments_distance()
  • line 100 of /mod/workshop/eval/best/lib.php: call to workshop_best_evaluation->process_assessments()
  • line 54 of /mod/workshop/aggregate.php: call to workshop_best_evaluation->update_grading_grades()