clone (duplicate) assign module - having 2 different modules

Απάντηση: Re: Απάντηση: Re: clone (duplicate) assign module - having 2 different modules

by Andreas Panagiotopoulos -
Number of replies: 0

Jerry,

thank you for your answer. It is my mistake that it's not clear what I want to succeed.

I have customized the original assign module to cover the issue of uploading written assignments to my organization. I have changed language translations to the language I have installed, I have changed mails subjects', I have choosed to print more info to the receipt email such as student idnumber, student email and so on (I have add some lines of code to the file mod/assign/locallib.php). All this modifications are well documented and they are very clear to me.

Now, I want a module for thesis submission and not for the written submission. The receipt emails must have "thesis submission" text and not "written submission". The main problem for now is those translations which I would like to print at the subject and the body of the email.

And I thought that I have to duplicate the module assignment (as Davo wrote before) in order to succeed this functionality..

So, after describing with details the problem, is Davo's way the only one for now?

And what about the tables of the DB? Can't two similar modules (as these ones) write to the same tables?

Thank you much for your help.

Regards,

Andreas