Network Servers not showing in block options

Network Servers not showing in block options

by John Rickard -
Number of replies: 1

Morning All,

I have enabled MNet on our Moodle 2.5.2+ site and configured it all, but it seems I cannot see the network servers option in the dropdown to add the block.

It is all enabled in the plugins>Blocks setup and we don't restrict anything through config.php either..

Is there anywhere I am blatantly missing?

Thanks in advance!
John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Rickard

Re: Network Servers not showing in block options

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Site Admin menu -> Plugins -> Blocks -> Manage blocks

is Network servers hidden?

Still, having any peer displayed in the block requires complete/full setup of a peer.  If you don't have admin level access to the other Moodle desired to network, administrator of the other Moodle will have to setup MNet and configure to allow your server access.

Am almost certain I'll be corrected if I say the following incorrectly ... would think twice about relying upon MNet for anything of a major feature/nature.   According to previous warning/postings concerning MNet, it was either 'going away' or functionality would be greatly modified.

Please see:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=175158

IMHO, it was one of the features that made Moodle rather unique, but with the coming of things like Web Services and LTI (consumer as well as provider), having something 'proprietary' may not be the best approach to 'future proof' Moodle.

'spirit of sharing', Ken