PayPal subscription not working.

PayPal subscription not working.

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 2

Has anyone had  and solved this problem with Paypal.

Problem: Students pay using paypal the money is taken and placed in my paypal account. But the student can't get access to the course. They see "Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed, and you are not yet registered to enter the course "  ". Please try continuing to the course in a few seconds, but if you continue to have trouble then please alert the Teacher or the site administrator"

As I am using the paypal subscription plugin I expected to see this payment as a subscription in my paypal account but this dosen;t look like it has registered this as a subscription.

Is anyone using the paypal subscription plug in successfully? Can anyone please direct me to a solution to this issue?

Many thanks  Sarah x

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: PayPal subscription not working.

by imbu danilot -

Hello Sarah,

yesterday I posted some comments on

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=221091

in my opinion Paypal plugin is flimsy.

I manage to run it properly but every now and then I get the error you mentioned.

if you followed carefully what reported at

http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Paypal_enrolment

then you should have it kind of running but be assured the functionality is not robust and I am actually surprised to see people do not bother too much about it. possibly organizations usually process o payments outside moodle through an ecommerce app rather than using the builtin module....

however if you are constantly getting the error then I would suggest you to try setting up a page outside moodle to see if you can process transactions successfully there.

Good Luck!

In reply to imbu danilot

Re: PayPal subscription not working.

by Sarah Jane -

For anyone who is getting the Thank you for your payment! Unfortunately your payment has not yet been fully processed, and you are not yet registered to enter the course "XXXXX". Please try continuing to the course in a few seconds, but if you continue to have trouble then please alert the Teacher or the site administrator

message I did read a forum communication that there can be a slight delay with paypal. This is the reason why if the students leaves it a few seconds before they select the Continue button they will gain access to the course.

Having done extensive testing I have discovered if you leave it a few seconds before you select the continue button this works every time.

Maybe an idea to change the wording explaining this to the student.

Anyway hope this helps.