migrated database from mssql to mysql, issues with files in courses

migrated database from mssql to mysql, issues with files in courses

by Jason Meyer -
Number of replies: 1

Website runs on IIS 7.5 and php 5.3.6 at the moment.

DB used to be on MSSQL 2005, migrated to MySQL 5.6.13

I have been trying to upgrade our site from 2.2.1 to 2.4.+ but was contstantly having locking issues....it was a bug reported here. Sorry to lazy to go find the tracker number. Anyways, so I figured I'd just move the database to a MySQL server we had just setup for another product. I find the MySQL Workbench tool and go through the migration with no errors. Well a few days later a lot of odd things were happening, Teachers lost role permissions on their courses, random files attached to courses came back as not found when you click on the link. I have attached a small screen shot. The funny part is when a look in the database the ID is there in MySQL and when I search for the contenthash its found in the moodledata directory. Ok  little rambling, but I just can't seem to put my finger on it. I even made a copy of my moodle directory and setup a new website in IIS, and the same files is found, that's in the moodle2 screenhot. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Attachment moodle.png
Attachment moodle2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Meyer

Re: migrated database from mssql to mysql, issues with files in courses

by Jason Meyer -

Small update. Turned on editing and clicked update for the file in question and the file browser returns no files. I then went and downloaded the file from the test site, and uploaded it to the live site and it works now. So where/how are these files stored? I really don't want to have to tell our teachers they need to do this if they find a broken file.