General help

Sneeze_Face
moodle 2.3 - Getting to grips with tracking

hi all,

we have our first course completed and have nearly 400 staff to use it and complete it by the end of the year.

We have LDAP turned on so all our staff in Active Directory can log in with their company email usernames and passwords. So far, about 50 people have logged in and I can see them as users. I presume I cant tell who hasnt logged in except by crosschecking a printout of moodle users against a printout of active directory users.

We have completion tracking turned on etc. But a few people tell me they dont have the button in the final feedback topic to send feedback which would complete the course. And in the reports section, only 4 staff names appear but i can see about 50 in the users tab.

Any suggestions?

Brian.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: moodle 2.3 - Getting to grips with tracking
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

If you look at course admin>users>enrolled users what roles do they have?

Sneeze_Face

Hi

in that section only 4 users appear, 3 of which are admins. And the only role that it says is Student role. I wonder why the other 50 or so staff that have logged in to do the course dont appear in this section.

Sneeze_Face

SOLVED:

I turned off guest access to the course. then a staff member phoned me to say they got a message saying they must enrol in the course to do it. then i realised that the students werent enrolled at all but were doing the course as guests but as valid users as they were made users via LDAP. I had manual enrollments int he settings ticked, so I went and made self enrollment an option and now each new student must enrol first and they appear in the course completion settings.

Luckily all who made progress in the course had their progress saved so when they next entered the course they were forced to enrol first whcih brought their progress along with them into the course completion tab.

all worked out fine.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)