Roles and permissions

Parent can't see their child activity

Picture of Leire Gómez
Parent can't see their child activity

Hello,

I have made all the correct steps: create and add the mentee block, add the parent role, set this

moodle/user:readuserblogs
moodle/user:readuserposts
moodle/user:viewuseractivitiesreport
moodle/user:editprofile

and add the role into the child account. I can log in no problem and I can see the child's block. Problem comes with I click in the name and this message appears "The details of this users are not availble to you".

Can you please tell me how I can fix it?

Thanks a lot

Leire.

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: Parent can't see their child activity
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Can you check the documentation Parent role to ensure you have followed it correctly? For example you don't mention   moodle/user:viewdetails or moodle/user:viewalldetails

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Leire Gómez

Hello, I have these selected but still can't see the child's information if logged in as parent.

moodle/user:editprofile

moodle/user:readuserblogs

moodle/user:readuserposts

moodle/user:viewalldetails

moodle/user:viewuseractivitiesreport

Leire.

Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Do you still get an error message? If so , what? Are you actually clicking into a course and then trying to look at the logs (rather than trying to access from the front page, which won't give you any reports)? See 2.3 in Parent role

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Leire Gómez

Problem solved. I hadn't selected the Moodle/user/viewalldetails in the Course section.

Thanks a lot for your help, Mary

Leire.