Repositories

Picture of Sugiyanto Hadi S.
Teacher's role cannot add webdav repository instance on user context

We are testing Moodle 2.5.2 and am having a problem with WebDAV repositories. 

When using admin user, we can add webdav repositories on user context, but if using other user e.g a user with teacher's role, we cannot add webdav repositories on their user context.

I've also tested with version 2.4 and 2.4.6, but the result is the same.

note: but this problem does not occur in version 2.2.3, which we still use today.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
Davo
Re: Teacher's role cannot add webdav repository instance on user context
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

This is a user privacy / security issue.

Webdav repositories specifically exclude users 'logged in as' another user from being able to edit the target user's settings. I believe this is to prevent Moodle admins getting a) access to other users' private user area files (a Moodle admin shouldn't normally be granted network admin level access to user's files) and b) possibly getting access to their webdav (and possibly network login) password (I'd have to check if b is actually possible).

It is annoying, but the only way for a user webdav repository to be set up is for the user to do it themselves.

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
Picture of Sugiyanto Hadi S.

Hi Davo, thanks for the response.

I agree with your opinion. But, the thing I'm experiencing now is not the case in moodle version 2.2.3, which we still use today.

It is a strange thing, because it should be by default, the teacher with the teacher's role can add WebDAV repository in their user context. As is done in version 2.2.3.

Cheers smile

Picture of Miguel González Laredo

We are experimenting the same problem with any user who is not admin... Any guideline?

I'm trying to reopen the issue https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-34945 because the solution done on Moodle 2.3 maybe is back!

Thanks in advance