2.5.2 - Do you know of a server limitation on Bluehost?

2.5.2 - Do you know of a server limitation on Bluehost?

by Robert Lavala -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I've tried everything I can think of and even stuff I didn't think of at the suggestion of the Moodle Docs and a couple of community members. I have spoken with 3 Bluehost technicians and they say it is a Moodle program issue. I don't think so and this is why...

I'm trying to upload .zip files that are larger than 10M - for obvious reasons (SCROM packages). I have done the following...

• Changed the php.ini file settings to allow for 500M 
    • upload_max_filesize
    • post_max_size
    • max_execution_time = 600
  • I asked the techs at Bluehost about the LimitRequestBody setting and they ensured me it is set high enough.

As you can see by the screen shots the Moodle install recognizes the changed php.ini instructions but I still get the error that says the file is too large. When I try a file 10M or under it works fine.

Please please please help. If anyone has had this issue with Bluehost or any other let me know where to direct them (or me) to fix this.

Attachment 500M.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Lavala

Re: 2.5.2 - Do you know of a server limitation on Bluehost?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is the setting in your course 500MB as well as your site setting?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: 2.5.2 - Do you know of a server limitation on Bluehost?

by Robert Lavala -

I see the issue but don't know how to fix it. The course setting is only allowing for 10M. Where do you change that?

Attachment courseupload.PNG
In reply to Robert Lavala

Re: 2.5.2 - Cannot change course max file upload size

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. I have edited the title of your problem because although I am not sure how to resolve this - I have seen others with the problem - perhaps by making your issue clearer you will get some more helpful responses. Let's see.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: 2.5.2 - Cannot change course max file upload size

by Mary Cooch -

Robert - I see you have already been posting about this problem on a separate thread here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=241348 Let's everyone keep to the other thread (which you began earlier) as it is not considered good practice to open more than one thread on the same topic, thanks.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)