General help

Picture of David Berghouse
On-going course configuration

Moodle version: 2.2.3

I'm planning to use Moodle for an informal on-going course (no grading, start/finish dates etc.).

Several questions arise:

1.    Can participants enrol (for a fee) for 3-month periods, with optional renewal?
  2.     Also, in the above case can I enrol non-paying participants?
  3.     How do I configure no fixed start/end dates?
  4.     Can essay type answers be given to any type of quiz or assignment (within the system, not using a word processor)?  
    On this 'page' I would like to have several paragraphs of content, with an Essay question text-box for participants to enter their detailed responses.

re: Printing
I recently participated in a 'Learn Moodle' course and noted that page printing was messy.
Printing most pages results in a mess of code appearing, in addition to the wanted text.
A few pages had a small 'Print' icon near the top of the page, enabling a clean print-out.
How can I enable propper printing of all pages?

Hope these can be answered OK

Thanks,
David

Average of ratings: -
Mary Cooch
Re: On-going course configuration
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi there. The answer is basically yes to all your questions, but for more detail:

1) Yes -see Paypal enrolment

2) Yes - you just enrol them manually rather than with paypal

3) When you set up the course you don't have a fixed end date

4) When you set up an assignment you choose the online text option - see 2.1 in Using assignment

As for printing I can't help because I don't print pages of Moodle - I guess you saw the "print" icon of the Book module but Moodle isn't really meant for printing.

Picture of David Berghouse
Re: On-going course configuration

Mary - thanks for these answers. And, thanks also for the 'Learn Moodle' course.

David Berghouse