Database

Database Search from Label

Picture of Oliver Trampleasure
Database Search from Label

I'd like to put a search bar in a label on my homepage to help students find a specific lecture. This will then send them to the database which has a list of lectures, having searched using the terms they inputted.

I've got it working within the HTML editor when I edit the label, but once I've saved it doesnt work anymore. Assuming this is a technical snag that I'm not aware of?

Any help would be appreciated.

<form id="options" action="http://domain.com/mod/data/view.php" method="post">  <input type="hidden" name="d" id="d" value="6" /> <input type="hidden" name="filter" id="filter" value="1" /> <input type="text" size="16" name="search" id="pref_search" value="Lecture Title" /> <input type="submit" value="Search" /></form>

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Itamar Tzadok
Re: Database Search from Label
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

What do you mean by "it doesnt work anymore"? Submitting doesn't go to the specified Database or there is no form? smile

Picture of Oliver Trampleasure

Sorry for being a bit ambiguous to begin with, but I owe you another apology! When trying to test the issue again it's now fine... no explanation as to why!

Will continue to try it out and come (crawling) back if I get into trouble again.

Sorry, but thanks for the help smile 

Picture of Sol Garcia

Hello
I have the same problem as you, I need to create a search engine on the home page of the course looking for a database activity.
That is, put the general field "search" in section 0 of the course.
Someone can help me? How did you solve it?
Thanks, a greeting

Sol