VPL assignment download issue

VPL assignment download issue

by Manal Helal -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, 

This is my first time to use Virtual Programming Lab (VPL) module. I create the assignment easily, and student submit. I can see their submission list, and see individual files showing the file size. They can also view up to this point. Neither me (the admin) nor the students can download and we get this error message:

Warning: require_once(/home/manalorama/moodle.manalhelal.com/mod/vpl/views/../similarity/watermark.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/manalorama/moodle.manalhelal.com/mod/vpl/views/downloadsubmission.php on line 10

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/manalorama/moodle.manalhelal.com/mod/vpl/views/../similarity/watermark.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in/home/manalorama/moodle.manalhelal.com/mod/vpl/views/downloadsubmission.php on line 10

When I open the downloadsubmission.php file the problematic lines are :

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/../similarity/watermark.php';
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/../../../config.php';
global $CFG$USER;
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/../locallib.php';
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/../vpl.class.php';
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/../vpl_submission.class.php';

The only missing file is /../similarity/watermark.php

When I remove this line, other files cause the same problem although they are located in the specified location

I don't know why the installation of VPL missed this file, and how to fix this error.

I hope there is something to fix the error soon to be able to grade the assignment. Otherwise, is there a way to convert a VPL assignment to normal moodle assignment to keep student submission as is.

Thank you very much for your help in advance, 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manal Helal

Re: VPL assignment download issue

by Juan Carlos Rodríguez-del-Pino -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Manal Helal,
I don't know how, but seem that you have lost the complete 'similarity' subfolder of VPL. This issue seems not related to VPL.
The solution is easy: reinstall the vpl module.
Reinstalling step by step manually:
1) Download the vpl module from www.moodle.org (I guess that you are using the last version of VPL)
2) Uncompress the file and get the folder named 'vpl'
3) If you want, you can put your server in maintenance mode during the next step
4) copy de 'vpl' folder to '/home/manalorama/moodle.manalhelal.com/mod/' replacing the current '/home/manalorama/moodle.manalhelal.com/mod/vpl' that is incomplete.

Please let us know if this solves the problem.

In any case, I think you should find out what happened so it does not repeat.

Best regards

Juan Carlos Rodríguez