General help

Picture of Mike hargaden
Hide Moodle Navigation Options from User

I want to have the user navigate through my learning programme using only the navigation provided within the page I am creating

1. How can I hide the navigation bar that runs across the top of the page e.g. Home>My Courses etc

2. Presumably I just hide the blocks for the navigation running down the side of the page?

Thanks for you assistance

Mike

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Jez H
Re: Hide Moodle Navigation Options from User
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have never done this and would not advise you to.

Navigation is dependent on a users role and which courses they are enrolled on, they should not be able to see anything they do not have access to, but if you want to try this I *think* you will need to:

1) Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Blocks > Manage Blocks and hide the navigation block (click the eye)

2) You may also need to go to Site Administration > Users > Permissions > Define Roles and remove the capability to add new navigation blocks to pages and to My Home

3) To remove the breadcrumbs in the navigation bar you would need to edit the theme

There may be other things, as I said, I have never done this myself.

Picture of Christian Herman
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Do not follow step 1.  Jez's advice is sound in principle but if you hide the navigation block as suggested, the admin will also lose access to it.

Instead, turn on editing from the frontpage and click the people icon in the title bar of the navigation block (Assign to).  Then click Permissions in the Admin block (under Block: Navigation).  Now, in the section for View Block, click the X next to the user roles you wish to disable from the middle column (users with permissions).  You may also wish to add them to the far right column (Prohibited).  With this method your users will not see the navigation block but the admin and any other roles you wish to, will still be able to see it.

Picture of Mike hargaden

thanks for the quick and clear responses

Even I could follow them

Mike