Hardware and performance

You either love it or you hate it
Error when testing moodle using JMeter

I have a really basic script to run in Jmeter that navigates to Moodle and then logs in to Moodle. That is all it does.

I have been running it with 10 users, with a ramp up period of 20 seconds and a loop count of 5

I have a load balanced 2 node apache webserver environment and occasionally im getting the following errors on login.

First is 4 "This page should automatically redirect. If nothing is happening please use the continue link below.<br /><a href="https://moodlepp.yorksj.ac.uk/login/index.php?testsession=16078">Continue</a></div></body></html>"

and then:
Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write
The webservers are sharing a disk on VMSphere and are configured the OCFS2 clustered file system.

I believe that this may be part of the issue but I am not sure. Does anyone have any ideas

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
Re: Error when testing moodle using JMeter

I have some further information.  If I turn one server off then this error doesnt happen and the same for the other server.

which points to the OCFS2 clustered file system, because it appears that it is having issues reading and writing to the session store on Moodle-data.

If I set Moodle to store its session data in the database it still happens through, which is odd as the database is on one server and should not be affected by OCFS2 because this is used on the Moodle-data folder only

Cheers

Me again smile
Ok now im sure that this has to do with the fact that we have the load balancer set on some basic round robin setting to avoid the LB from making sure that all requests go to the same server, so I can test from my machine.

I think I hope that its because the Apache Jmeter is trying to log me in to both web servers using the same username and password.

In my head this would cause moodle to try to write to the same cache file in my shared Moodle-data. I suppose what i am saying is that I dont believe that there would ever be a circumstance where I could attempt to log in to both nodes at the same time

Picture of J S

I've seen this error when MUC application data is saved on disk.  Try changing your MUC application data to reside on something other than disk.

Hi Yes I found a couple of trackers related to this error and the MUC application data

Is MUC enabled by default? in moolde 2.5?

Cheers