General help

how to make a pdf file that can only be opened in the browser

Picture of sapta mh
how to make a pdf file that can only be opened in the browser

sorry, if this question had never been there before, and if this question is misplaced, because I do not know which forum category would be included?

when we Add an activity or resource, select the resource file, upload files such as pdf, and select Display on the Appearance like 'open', and save it. while in the open on any browser no problem, all open if pdf Plugins installed on the browser .. but when 'use advanced browser Intergration' on the download manager is enabled, the pdf file will not open but automatically downloaded.

my question, how to make a pdf file that can only be opened in the browser without having to be affected by the download manager is enabled Intergration?

note: just use browser plugins pdf only, and without the use of additional add-on ..

sorry, my english is not good .. thank you

Average of ratings: -
Gmads
Re: how to make a pdf file that can only be opened in the browser

Hi Sapta,

You can do that in the settings:

http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/File_resource_settings#Display

Picture of sapta mh

thanks for the response and solution. but after I tried, still the same, the pdf file will not open but automatically downloaded..sad

Gmads

Picture of Barbara Tóth
Tárgy: how to make a pdf file that can only be opened in the browser

Thank you for this topic. That was important for mesmile

Picture of Jonas Nockert

From my experience, the opening of PDFs seem to be tricky to control. How they are opened depends on things like the browser, the configuration of PDF readers and the operating system rather than the settings in Moodle.

At the organization I work for, our courses can contain sensitive training material and while we don't want to limit anyone's ability to download, we want it to be an active choice.

I'm currently developing a folder plugin built on pdf.js with the goal of making sure that the PDFs in the folder always open in the browser (with the option of downloading).

PDF.js is Portable Document Format (PDF) viewer that is built with HTML5.

PDF.js is community-driven and supported by Mozilla Labs. Our goal is to create a general-purpose, web standards-based platform for parsing and rendering PDFs.

It will not work in all browsers, most notably IE8 and below.

If that sounds like something you could use, I can call back in this thread when I'm done (probably within a few weeks).

domenico recchia

Hi there,

I also have the same problem and this solution .. although not definitive .. it seems very interesting, especially if it was also accompanied by a watermark or with the timestamp of the user.

I'd like to test