General help

Picture of Matthew Orlando
Effect of no teacher in course

What would be the effect of having no teachers in a course. We're considering making all teachers course managers, but I don't know if there is anything specific within a course that requires a teacher to be enrolled in the course.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  v2.5.1

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Rob Johnson
Re: Effect of no teacher in course
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

I know as a Moodle admin, I do not get forum email unless I assign myself as a teacher in the course.  That may be true of the manager role too.

paula

Where are you giving them the course creator role? in the entire site, in a category or in the course itself? That will make a significant difference in answering this question.

Paula cool

Picture of Matthew Orlando

I'm not giving them the course creator role, because I don't want them creating courses.  They would just be managers within a specific course, which gives them additional privileges which the teacher role does not have.  I'm just concerned that there may be functionality that is programmed specifically to look for the teacher role.

Picture of Rob Johnson

On my Moodle (2.4.5+), the manager role can create courses.

Picture of Rick Jerz

I run my own "small" Moodle site for around 10-15 courses each year.  I am the "manager" in all my courses.  But make sure that you add yourself as manager (often, my first add makes me "student", but I add the "manager" role, and remove the "student" role.)

Doing this, I always get get posts and any Moodle emails.  I also do not show up in the grade book.

I do not have any "teachers" in any of my courses.

Yep, I use 2.5.1+ too.