Make hidden quizzes not show up on grade page -moodle 2.4

Make hidden quizzes not show up on grade page -moodle 2.4

by Tiffany oakes -
Number of replies: 2

I want to be able to use one page for many years. I want to be able to post quizzes for 2013,then hide them and put quizzes for 2014 on the page. How do I get the 2013 quizzes to NOT show on the grade page when they are hidden?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tiffany oakes

Re: Make hidden quizzes not show up on grade page -moodle 2.4

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can hide them from students but not from teachers.  I could see this getting very messy after several years - as an editor you are going to just have a ton of activities on your home page to sort through.  I would really recommend taking another route - why not set up your course and then just restore it to a new instance each year? Much cleaner and it would be much easier to track participants each year etc.

In reply to Tiffany oakes

Re: Make hidden quizzes not show up on grade page -moodle 2.4

by Paula Clough -

Tiffany,

Do you really need to have access to the old courses/information on a regular basis or is this just to go back and verify information once in a while?

If you don't need it often, you might just back up at the end of the course including all user information (some sites you have to have the admin turn that all users part on).  Then store them in a safe place.  You can restore them  into a "new" course if you need to look things.  Then "reset" the original course which can be set up to wipe out the old users and their old information or save things that you need saved such as database or glossary entries which you want to remain and build on. 

Paula cool

Paula