General developer forum

Picture of Hugh Edwards
Timezones and Country Codes. V2.5.1

Hi Everyone, 

I'm trying to find the table or location of data that the /moodle/user/editadvanced.php?id=-1 page is using to find the Country and Timezone data which is then stored in mdl_user.

It's not mdl_timezone table - (I know you can update it, but if it's empty to begin with, where is Moodle getting the data in the first place?)

Basically I'm using SQL to enter users from my site via coding automatically and then Enrol them into various courses based on their information. Problem is that they are global users and the Timezone and Country codes in mdl_user are Not Null fields, and I want to get them right by presenting them to the user in the first place in the same way the page above does.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks! 

Hugh. 

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Hugh Edwards
Re: Timezones and Country Codes. V2.5.1

Any help would be appreciated. smile 

Picture of Hugh Edwards

Hi Guys and Gals, 

I'm presuming that no one knows where to find these values? smile 

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would really help! smile

Gmads
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

It's not mdl_timezone table - (I know you can update it, but if it's empty to begin with, where is Moodle getting the data in the first place?) 

Wasn't that already answered? thoughtful

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=240271#p1043986

Picture of Hugh Edwards

Hi Guillermo. Thanks for the reply - yes it was in the other thread and I had posted it in here on your advice! Suffice to say I found it in the PHP page aforementioned in the other thread hard coded. smile 

Cheers! smile