how can I use an assignment again?

how can I use an assignment again?

by Randy Vermaas -
Number of replies: 3

Is it possible to reuse an assignment in another course? I am working on two courses (different classes) with the same content.

Thanks,

Randy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Randy Vermaas

Re: how can I use an assignment again?

by James Twing -
Yes, this is a feature that I would also very much like to use.

I note that the Quiz module has an option that allows you to 'publish' your questions...

Perhaps we can graft that code (or some analog of it) into the assignment module?

I'm very noob, but will that also require a new field or two in the db, or even a new table? Maybe a new table, called 'shares'...with id of the shared resource, resource type id, and a boolean flag?

When planning out my own LMS, I had intended to implement this feature so that an instructor could even choose which other instructors he/she wanted to 'share' with...give them first dibs, kind of thing...

Does anyone else have any comments re: this?

I'm willing to attempt to code this feature in, if there's enough interest and I can count on an experienced 'moodle mentor' to keep me outta trouble...*grin*
In reply to Randy Vermaas

by Jacob Romeyn -

I had the same problem and created on class with all the assignments . After that I made a backup of the course and restored it as a new course.

Made the required modifications to the new class and I was ready to gosmiley.gif

In reply to Jacob Romeyn

by Randy Vermaas -
Yes, that's a way to manage it. But I want to use the same assignments in different courses.....smile