Using Book with activity completion

Using Book with activity completion

by Judy Hsu -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, thanks for reading this thread.

Just a quick question. Is it possible to use Book module with Moodle's "activity completion" feature (in Moodle 2.4 and 2.5) to automatically track whether students "viewed" all the pages in the Book module, and if so, count them as completed and pass the status to the 3rd party plugin Certificate so that students will be able to get a certificate? Is this possible with just Book module, Activity completion, and certificate module? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Judy Hsu

Re: Using Book with activity completion

by jade henry -

I am looking for the same thing. I need to use activity completion with the book module as I require students to read a handbook before they do anything else. Any ideas anyone?

What I am trying to do is make users read all the pages of the handbook.

They then have to make a introduction post in the forum.

And they they can see the first page of content.

How do I achieve this?

In reply to jade henry

Re: Using Book with activity completion

by Paula Clough -

Jade,

You can't hide the table of contents in the book.  You might try instead a lesson where you can. Turning off the table of contents keeps students from skipping to the end. Build a couple of multiple choice questions at the end so that the students have a grade. These could be verification that they completed the manual and that they understand it.  Then set the restrictions on the forum to be a grade in the Lesson.

Paula cool