SCORM

Picture of Colin Farrelly
Articulate Presenter New

I am new to using this package, I am struggling to understand how to upload this to a moodle course, I try and add it as a scorm package upload the file and then save it, but this message keeps popping up: Incorrect File Package-not an archive, its very complicated in general so was just wondering could someone give me a step by step idea of what to do

I would be very greatful

Kind Regards

Colin

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dual Cube
Re: Articulate Presenter New

Hi Colin!

It’s a  nice feeling  to extend help to fellow Moodlers.

I’ve gone through your post. This is to inform you that you’re are going in the right direction and the problem lies with the SCORM package. You’re trying to upload an articulated zip file, but I’m sorry to say that it’s not there in the SCORM platform that Moodle specifically requires. Please make sure that the zip file should contain the file named "imsmanifest.xml".

For better reference, you can visit the link given below:-

http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/SCORM_FAQ#Incorrect_file_package_-_missing_imsmanifest.xml_or_AICC_structure: point 14.7

I hope this’ll solve the issue. Please feel free to get back to us for further query.

Warm Regards

Purnendu

DualCube 

Picture of Colin Farrelly

Ye i think you have the answer there, it is missing that file, as i have uploaded a zip version of Articulate Quizmaker and it worked and has that file, but with the Presenter it doesnt seem to have that file when zipped, how do i include this file in the presenter ? 

Your help is very useful to me 

Kind Regards Colin

Picture of Dual Cube

Hi Colin!

It’s so nice to hear from you again. Let’s get back to the problem where you’ve been stuck.

Please unzip the Articulate Presenter SCORM package, copy and paste the "imsmanifest.xml" file in the unzipped folder and then again zip the folder using any file compressor software such as winzip, winrar, etc.

If you don't have the imsmanifest.xml, then you need to re-publish SCORM packages with SCORM authoring tool Articulate Presenter where the imsmanifest.xml file is in the correct place.

The link we’ve provided you have the detailed description of how to create the SCORM package. Please have a look at this:

http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/SCORM_FAQ#Incorrect_file_package_-_missing_imsmanifest.xml_or_AICC_structure

I hope this’ll be of your help. Looking forward to hearing from you. Keep on Moodling!

Cheers!

Purnendu

DualCube