Version 2.5 questions

Version 2.5 questions

by Alyssa Leonard -
Number of replies: 7

So far, version 2.5 is working great for me and I haven't had any issues. 

I have a couple questions, though.

Is there a way to hide the numbers for the questions? I'm building a questionnaire with conditional logic and there have been some people in the past who have lost their mind when they suddenly went from question 14 to 18 and can't quite grasp why they didn't need to do those ones. So it'd be simpler if I could just hide the numbers.

Also, is there a way to just by-pass the "answer the questions.." page? Or to instead add a brief summary on that page instead of at the top of the questionnaire?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alyssa Leonard

Re: Version 2.5 questions

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

#1 Is there a way to hide the numbers for the questions?

Good point, especially with the conditional logic, where question numbers seem irrelevant. I'll think about it and try to come up with a "numbering/no numbering" setting.

EDIT.- Actually, when the "conditional logic" is being used, we have a similar problem with page numbers. So we really need to give this more thinking...

#2 Also, is there a way to just by-pass the "answer the questions.." page?

Another good point. Please note that once a questionnaire has been answered, if "View all responses (stats)" is allowed for respondent, links to the All responses page and the View your own response page are also displayed on that page. I'll think it over.

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Alyssa Leonard -

I didn't even think about the page numbering at the bottom! It's good that users can tell how many pages they have left, but if it suddenly skips a page I can definitely see the same problem occurring as with the question numbers.

We currently have our questionnaire set up so that users cannot view their response. So, for this specific questionnaire, that extra page isn't needed. smile

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

As a quick and dirty workaround you could add the following rule at the end of your moodle/mod/questionnaire/styles.css file:

#page-mod-questionnaire-complete .qn-info,
#page-mod-questionnaire-complete .surveyPage {
    display:none;
}

This will remove question and page numbering from all your questionnaires.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Alyssa Leonard -

Great! That worked perfectly. Thank you.

Will you possibly be looking into a way to provide the option to turn it on and off for whenever the next version will be released? In case some of the other departments (and other moodle sites who also have this plug-in) want to create courses with their own questionnaires and would like to have numbers on theirs?

by Joseph Rézeau -

"Will you possibly be looking into a way to provide the option to turn it on and off for whenever the next version will be released?"

Yes, that's the idea.