Quiz review navigation - Is this expected behaviour?

Quiz review navigation - Is this expected behaviour?

by Michael Gwynne -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

When reviewing a quiz, the navigation items representing questions on that page have the class 'thispage' on them.

When you click 'Show all questions on one page', the 'thispage' class is not applied to every nav item. I would have thought it should be.

Is this expected behaviour? Or a bug?

(I have tried this in 2.4, 2.5 and 2.6)

Thanks,

Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Gwynne

Re: Quiz review navigation - Is this expected behaviour?

by Michael Gwynne -

Hello,

Is there an answer to this question? If not one knows, I'll raise it as a bug.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Michael

I fail to see how this is a problem. Please post screenshots explaining the problem.

Joseph

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm sure I wrote an answer to this last week. I wonder what happened to it.

Yes, it is almost certainly a bug. In particular, the current behaviours is crazy. When showing all questions on one page, it higlights just the questions on page 1.

I am acutally not sure which the best behaviour is. I can see two options

• Always show 'questions on this page' styled in a particular way, even if we are currently showing all questions on one page.
  • When all questions are on one page, don't bother to highlight all questions.

I think that which of those options is better might depend on what visual style is used for this in a particular theme. Therefore, I think the best solution would be:

1. On the containing div, add a classe like allquestionsononepage / multipages to say whether there are multiple pages or not.
  2. On the questions displayed on the current page, add class thispage.

If that seems sensible, please create a tracker issue.