Course visibility

Course visibility

by Karen Atkinson -
Number of replies: 3

Hello

I am unsure how to set the visibility of courses to those enrolled it the course only. I don't want other users enrolled in other courses in our moodle site to see any courses they are not enrolled in.

I am running Moodle 2.5

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I did have a look but couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Karen.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karen Atkinson

Re: Course visibility

by Shantanu Sikdar -

Dear Karen,

Hope you’re doing well. I’ve seen the problem you’ve been facing currently. Let me try my hands on in solving it.

=> If you wish to make your course visible to users enrolled in that particular course only, you’ve to make a group of enrolled users for that particular course. After performing this, please visit the link given below:

Administration>course administration>edit settings

And then you’ve to visit the “edit course settings”. 

After performing this, go to group fields; change the group mode from 'separate' force group mode to 'yes'.

I hope this’ll resolve your issue. It’s a pleasure to help you. Please feel free to get back to us for any further query.

Thanks and Regards

Shan

DualCube

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Karen Atkinson

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This is actually very hard to do and not addressed by group settings within a course (as mentioned below). One way to make it harder for students to see other courses is to implement the My Moodle page and then hide the navigation block.  This will push all users to the My page on login, where they will see a list of those courses that they are enrolled in.  Hiding the navigation block will make it harder for them to find the other courses. 

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Karen Atkinson -

Thank you Emma, I tried your suggestion, but would like the site home page to be the default home page rather than "my home".

I have changed the default home page to be the site home page, removed the navigation block, and added a block called "my courses". Do you (or anyone else) know if there is a way to remove the "all courses" link from this block?