General help

Emperor Joshua Norton I, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico.
Multiple digest mails being sent out

We're using Moodle 2.3.2. 

One of our users claims that they are receiving multiple digest mails per day. I checked our settings, and saw that the digest mail is set to go out at 5:00 pm Pacific time every day. No other user has reported this issue. He has not told me whether the content of each digest is identical or if it's different.

Any thoughts, hints, ideas, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Andreas Panagiotopoulos
Απάντηση: Multiple digest mails being sent out

Is there any solution to this problem??

Picture of Mary Legg
Re: Απάντηση: Multiple digest mails being sent out

We had this issue in 1.9 but only reported by one user in 20,000 or so users at that time (we have more now).   We didn't find the cause. I phoned the user, apologised and grovelled, and they lived with it as it was only one or two extra emails a day as they were daily digests.  Haven't had any reports in 2.4.x so far. 

There is an open bug for MDL-19275 for versions 1.9.5 and 2.3.6 but I think that one is affecting many users and is related to multiple crons running on different servers, and I think affecting multiple users rather than only one.

Sorry this is not a solution but more of a 'you are not alone' kind of post.

Emperor Joshua Norton I, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico.
Re: Απάντηση: Multiple digest mails being sent out

This may not be a solution, but it may point to a solution.

We run our cron job every five minutes. If the script takes longer than five minutes to complete, then it's possible that it may be "doubling up" on itself. We may have to set our cron job to run every ten minutes instead of every five.