Quiz

Picture of John D. Black
Boss's grades AWOL

I work in the corporate world (Victoria’s Secret Direct). I have a course that everyone in our distribution center must complete to comply with government regulations. It consists of 2 SCORM packages and 2 Moodle quizzes. In particular, I’m responsible for a group of managers and supervisors. 

My Grader Report shows that my boss didn’t do either quiz. However, she did complete both quizzes. When she logs into Moodle, enters the course, and clicks on the quiz she can see her results in the Info Screen. She is enrolled as both a Manager and a Student. Most of the other Students’ grades do show up, but I’m not sure if I should trust the list of those who have not completed the course. 

How do I get her grades show up in my Grader Report and make sure there are no other missing grades?

Moodle 2.4.3

Average of ratings: -
Ben talking on the phone beside a monitor
Re: Boss's grades AWOL
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

I'll bet this is a role issue. If you remove her Manager role in that course, I'll bet the grade shows up.

Probably, it's wiser to give her two logins. One as student, one as manager.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Emma Richardson
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Possibly something with the manager role but I give people teacher and student role all the time and have never run into a problem, though many have advised against it!!  

Picture of jennifer dolesh

For me, this is actually happening with 7 people here, and none of them have anything but the student role, and it is happening in more than one SCORM file (only one of the people had a manager and student role assigned). There is no way to predict, unfortunately. I am hoping to get some feedback from the bug I opened.

Picture of John D. Black

Are your quizzes part of the SCORM or are the quizzes in Moodle (like mine)?

The quizzes were created as part of the SCORM packet.

Emma, you rascal, you! Flouting good advice!

The manager role (which I have in one of our Moodles) is not quite as lame as Course Creator but every bit as bizarre about what it can and can't do.

Follow Emma's rascally actions and change the boss's role to Teacher. She'll be happier anyway.

I have been having exactly the same problem, and we are also required to report to the feds. I opened a ticket with Moodle (MDL-41681). I have not yet received any further input as to why this is happening, but it is killing us internally. Please feel free to look at my ticket and add comments.

I have been hoping someone else would have this same issue!

Jen

Picture of Rob Johnson

What happens if you check the box next to Manager in Site administration > Grades > General setting > graded roles?

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of John D. Black

What a great suggestion! I wasn't aware of those settings. I tried checking the box, but it did not cause my boss's grades to appear. Of course her grades are after-the-fact. I'm going to run a test on someone else with dual enrollment to see if it's fixed now.

Picture of John D. Black

I ran a test with a different user who was enrolled as both a Student and a Manager. This time, the setting you mentioned above was checked prior the the user taking the Quiz. Same thing happened: the grade shows under his logon but does not tranfer to the Grader Report.

I didn't know about those settings, either. Sorry that wasn't a solution, but I learned something today.

Picture of Rob Johnson

What happens if you add the manager role in the scorm save tracks capability in the course (or site) permissions.  I remember having the opposite problem where category users with the manger role were showing up in the scorm results.  I did not want them to.  Please see https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=209765.

Oh, new information here that makes it a different issue altogether - so the grade does show up in the individual user report?  But just not in the grader report?  Are you sure the grader report is not just overridden?  Click the edit icon by the missing grade box and see is Overridden is checked...if so, uncheck and grade should appear.

Do you happen to know if there is any setting somewhere that would cause "Overridden" to be checked (besides someone changing a grade manually)?

Thanks,

Jen

There was a bug a while back that I think was related to ajax being enabled for the gradebook.  Sometimes grades have been randomly getting overridden.

I had an instructor who was entering grades for assignments into the gradebook. He was not intentionally overriding or changing grades. When he put a grade in the gradebook, the overriden box would get ticked (but he didn't tick it).

If he put the grade in via the assignment, there was no override.

But that is what overridden means - if you enter a grade in the gradebook directly, you are overriding the grade that was entered in the assignment grading area.  In order for the grade from the assignment grading page to be considered again, you need to clear the overridden status of the grade.

Can you tell that we don't really do "grades" in my division? We just mark the assignment as unmarked, 0, or 1.

Ashamed to say I've never learned the gradebook, and this elementary error proves it. blush

No, not an elementary error at all - I actually started with Moodle just for the grade book so have had lots of time to learn its eccentricities!!!

Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Emma "I actually started with Moodle just for the grade book so have had lots of time to learn its eccentricities features." tongueout

Joseph wink

big grin  You know, I actually thought fairly hard about what word to put at the end of that sentence!!!!

You can always trust Joseph to elicit the truth.