Is STACK version 3.1 stable?

Is STACK version 3.1 stable?

by Gustav W Delius -
Number of replies: 2

We are installing STACK here at York for the new academic year and think we should use version 3.1 because it says it includes the bug fixes but are a bit unsure because there is no stable release for it yet. The only listed stable branch is for version 3.0. Could a stable branch for version 3.1 be created?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: Is STACK version 3.1 stable?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

STACK 3.1 has been released, and is stable. I am not sure that it is any more stable than master at the moment. I normally run a version from the master branch that I have tested.

So either check out the v3.1 tag (or the STACK_30_STABLE branch, which is possibly badly named, but is the same thing). Or check out master.

I think what we will do is wait until Moodle 2.6 beta has been released in a couple fo weeks time, then test STACK to make sure it is compatible, and then call that v3.2. I will probably also update STACK_30_STABLE to point at that. Basically STACK_30_STABLE branch means latest stable STACK 3.x.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Is STACK version 3.1 stable?

by Gustav W Delius -

Thank you Tim. That makes perfect sense. I was just confused by the name of that stable branch.