Multiple pages possible?

Multiple pages possible?

by Jim Proctor -
Number of replies: 2
The phpESP documentation suggests that you can put a survey on multiple pages by introducing a "section break" between questions, but I'm not sure what a section break is (is it just a horizontal rule?). The Moodle Questionnaire module includes a "section text" option to introduce text/HTML between questions; how could this possibly be used to create multiple pages in a survey?

I have two reasons to use multiple pages: (a) not all my respondents answer the same questions, thus an alternative to branching (which I assume is not possible) could be to instruct them to scroll down to the bottom and click the submit button to continue, and (b) I would like to group thematically similar questions on the same page.

If submission of multiple pages is not possible, I guess one could introduce HTML anchors in the section text to facilitate within-page links to help users navigate to appropriate sections.

Thanks for your ideas --

Jim P.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Proctor

Re: Multiple pages possible?

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Section text just adds text (be sure to put required on No or you block the questionnaire) You can add a section break with the reorder questions page.