Access Toolbox from within Moodle

Access Toolbox from within Moodle

by David Jukic -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All
I would like to access content that is within a 'Toolbox' (purchased from Westone in Perth), from within multiple courses in Moodle.

This can easily be done by loading it into the web folder and linking to it, however, is there an area on my server (root folder etc) where I can load these files and be able to link to them from within multiple courses?

I have tried accessing similar resources via a server files repository, however they do not display correctly (lacking styles and images etc), and only the current page displays (no links work).

Any help appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Jukic

Re: Access Toolbox from within Moodle

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

I suggest that you get in touch with your server admin. He may be the best person to let you know of any area on your server where you may load your files.

Just for your information, Moodle by default allows you to create folders and files. Kindly refer to the following site map.

Home ► Site administration ► Plugins ► Repositories ► Upload a file

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

Purnendu

DualCube

In reply to Purnendu Dash

by David Jukic -

Hi Purnendu

Thanks for your feedback. What I was specifically wanting to know was where is the best location to place course resources so that they can be securely accessed (via direct link) from within Moodle.

I can load them into the web folder on my server (and easily link directly to them), however would like them to be more secure.

I would like to access these resources from within multiple Moodle courses.

I have tried a few locations with varying degrees of success (moodledata, server files/repositories etc).

Regards

David.

In reply to David Jukic

by Purnendu Dash -

David,

Hope you are doing fine and dandy smile

Well, you may keep the files in any of your server folders. I would recommend you to keep them in the Moodle data folder. Make sure, the files have the permission to “read” only (i.e. 644) and not the permission to “write” or “execute”. Same goes for the permission for directory/folder. Since you’ll provide these links as external URLs, you can get a comparatively secure system.

Hope this’ll serve your purpose. Keep me posted.

Have a good day!                                                                     

Purnendu

In reply to Purnendu Dash

by David Jukic -

Hi Purnendu

Thank you for you comments. I shall try storing my files in the Moodle data folder again and see if I can get a better result this time.

Thank you again for your input.

Kind Regards

David

In reply to David Jukic

by Purnendu Dash -

The pleasure is all mine David. Let me know in case you found it useful.

Cheers!

Purnendu