Enable guest access - no password

Enable guest access - no password

by andy emerine -
Number of replies: 3

Running Moodle 2.5.1. I'd like to enable guest access to our courses. I want guests to auto login without a password, but the course settings require a guest password. If I set a password guests have to enter the password, before viewing the course even though I have autologin checked under user policies.

Inline image 1

Inline image 1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to andy emerine

Re: Enable guest access - no password

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I cannot see the images but the password should not be required.  You will have to remove the password so that they can just click on the course and enter.

In reply to andy emerine

by Fabbio Seldon -

I have the same problem. I set the course property to allow guest and delete the password (it is automatically set to some value, don't know why). If I reload the settings page the password is still there... 

And my user is prompted to insert the password. Which is what I want to avoid.

In reply to Fabbio Seldon

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Sometimes Moodle will autofill the password field from info saved in your browser.  You just need to make sure that the page has loaded completely (no spinning icons anywhere and browser shows refresh/not stop icon) and then make that the password field is fully cleared out before hitting the save button. 

If you reload the page, it will autofill that field again but as long as you don't save it, it will not actually stay in there.