System Locking up with more than a dozen users

Re: System Locking up with more than a dozen users

by Mark Hardwick -
Number of replies: 0

Visvanath,

We only use the lock down browser.  We used the authoring tool when we converted our question bank from our previous quiz system into Moodle a few years ago.  It allowed us to copy our questions, paste them into the tool and then import them into Moodle.  I'm sure an experienced person in Moodle could do it another way but at the time Moodle was new to us and it worked well on a one time basis.  It would be a good tool for an organization that has instructors that writes questions for a course but does not have administrative rights into Moodle.  Basically, write your questions and then bring them into Moodle.

Ken,

That makes sense.  I’m going to read it several more times to understand better about the flow and routes of information but when you mentioned that it could be killed if it took too long to make the trip, that sounds like what is happening.  The ISP is sending a tech out either tomorrow or Friday so I will press them a bit to look at the routing.  I’ll check with my IT guy and web host to see if they can put a trace on the routing and see what’s up.  It definitely has something to do with load/capacity because it works ok with a few so maybe the routing changes with a load or just slows down and loses it under load.

Thanks,

Mark