Well the fact you have made so many copies and tried testing each one and finding problems are you actually removing these 'bad copies' from your Moodle site. The best way to fix this is as follows...
- in the version.php of the new Weddington theme change the date of the plugin to todays date like so...
$plugin->version = 2014080501
- Next check weddington/lang/en/theme_weddington.php that you have the $string = 'Weddington';
and also $string = 'Weddington';
- Next login and you should see the Plugins Check to update your database with this new version change
- That done and your theme is loaded and working go to Site Administration > Language Packs and
in the column where your see 'en' on the left column click on the part that says 'update installed languages' at the bottom of that column, this will update the cache and should fix the missing pluginname for the course theme.
- Next go to the course and see if the theme name is there now? If NO then go to No.6. below if Yes go to No.7.
- Go to your Course Edit settings and make sure that you have the correct name of the theme listed for that course. Then try 5. again. If still getting errors come back here and tell me.
- Is everything working as you want it to do? If not ask me for more help in a new discussion thread.